Dover First Christian School pre-kindergarten and kindergarten programs are highly academic and focus on teaching the whole child. We provide developmentally appropriate practices to develop the mind, body, and spiritual understanding in a loving Christ centered environment.
As experience is a marvelous teacher, we believe that children have to become involved to learn. They have to see, hear, feel, taste, and smell. Being involved in class means a lot of activity and mobility through the use of play, song, quiet times, and conversation all to develop the whole child.
We believe children need success, love, and fun as much as they need food, shelter, and clothing. Children are able to develop fully when they have a positive self image and continue to develop their overall potential. We laugh and smile everyday with the children affirming them and allowing them to understand we love, appreciate, and care for them while striving for excellence in all they accomplish.
Your child will learn:
- excel academically at their level
- work alone and with others
- share and take turns
- expand their abilities and interests
- express thoughts and ideas
- listen to others
- express creativity
- develop their spiritual awareness
Activities are designed to:
- build self-confidence
- develop vocabulary and communication skills
- increase interest in literature and song
- improve coordination
- develop understanding of numbers, letters, and spatial relationships